So two nights ago, I had the WORST sore throat ever. I didn't sleep all night long because of the pain. Of course the smart thing to do would have been to take some kind of pills and drug myself to sleep. But in the early hours of the morning I must not have been thinking. So I suffered most of the night feeling as though my throat was going to swell shut at any moment (sorry for the dramatics). Obviously it didn't. However in the morning I was concerned I may have strep throat so I scheduled a doctors visit (something I haven't done in nearly 3 years).
Now for the past 24 years of my life every time I have gone to the doctor, they call me from the waiting room and put me on the scale, then I get to wait to see the doctor. I mean seriously, in the past, I have scheduled appointments with reason such (no one make fun of or mock these) as: hip popping out of place, sore throat/runny nose combo, constipation..., headache, etc. And each time they feel the need to weigh me. None of those problems have anything to do with weight! And every time I get on the scale I try and redirect my attention elsewhere so I don't have to look at the number.
Well for the first time I can ever remember I was looking forward to getting on the scale! I have a lost a few pounds and I couldn't wait for the nurse to record my lower weight in my medical charts! This was serious proof that I could lose weight. But for some unknown reason they didn't weigh me. This was such a disappointment to me. I felt robbed of what was rightfully mine...that number on the scale.
On a side note, my sore throat feels a lot better and I can sleep through the night again. On Saturday I plan to post the stories and pictures from my cruise! So everyone can look forward to that.
No comments:
Post a Comment