12.14.2008

The Cruise

The cruise to Mexico was awesome! It was so nice to get away and relax for 8 days in 90+ degree weather. I have been home for just over a week now and I think I am just getting adjusted to the cold weather again. Goodbye shorts and t-shirts for 4 more months. We left the day after Thanksgiving out of San Diego, CA. We were at sea for 2 days before arriving in Acapulco. This first picture is me in Acapulco. 12 of us from the cruise (all of them were corporate employees and their spouses) went in together on a van so we had transportation for the day. We went to the beach, did some shopping, saw the cliff divers (who dived off of some pretty steep cliffs), ate authentic Mexican food, and saw some beautiful sights. The city itself was pretty dirty but the views are breathtaking. The second stop was Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa. Which was beautiful as well. We went to a beach called Las Gatas, here is a view of our cruise ship from the beach. The ship was huge! We were on the Carnival Spirit. My favorite part of the beaches were the delicious pina coladas that I had, no alcohol of course. What I didn't like was all of the people on the beach trying to sell me stuff or give me a massage. I had to say 'no' about a hundred times an hour. Their favorite line was, "it is almost free!" As if that would entice me to buy their crap. Our third stop was in Manzanillo. We went to a private beach here and I got to go snorkeling! The only downside was the jelly fish in the ocean. I got stung by jelly fish a few times. It was neat to swim so close to fish and they weren't even frightened. They just looked at you and kept going. We did a little more shopping here, and I bought some real vanilla. I have always heard it was good but I never tried it, so I bought a bottle. When we got back I had my brother make some cookies with it and WOW what a difference! They taste so much better that I don't think I could ever go back to the imitation or the "real" vanilla here in the US. My favorite person on the cruise would have to be our room steward Itupu. He couldn't say my name the right way instead he called me Ra-Seal. But he always made sure that I had everything I needed. He was great! So of course I had to get a picture with him.

1 comment:

Christensen Family said...

Im really so jealous........ Looks like you had a blast RA-SEAL!!!!we are excited to see you guys this weekend.