12.11.2007

Our Highlights From 2007

I have been brainstorming about my highlights from this year since Sunday and I think I am finally ready to post them. I discovered that it takes a lot of thought to remember things from January, that seems like such a long time ago. So here it goes:

January - The infamous "gas leak" in the S-10 while trying to pick up an entertainment center we found off KSL.com. A good summary would be that I hold the gas leak and get soaked in frigid cold gasoline. Cody LIVID. But we made it home (miraculously) after losing about $25 in gas (through the leak).
February - We had the best Valentines Day ever! We ordered pizza for delivery and watched a jazz game at home. It was way better than any crowded restauraunt.
March - Our nephew baby Daxten was born! Or Daxty for short as we like to call him.
April - I hate Wells Fargo. Finally Cody's automatic bill pay was cancelled for real this time!! We experienced 3 months of getting it withdrawn every month and having overdraft fees from his checking account (cause I converted him to Zionsbank) every month. Also did I mention that we never signed up for automatic bill pay so I dont know how the heck he ended up getting it. Oh dont let me forget to mention I hate Wells Fargo.
May - I do a special project at work that entailed working most of the night (until about 4am), and as compensation receives 2 playoff tickets to Game 5 of the Jazz vs. Golden State (lower bowl)!!!!! All expenses paid. It was incredible!
June - We meet some friends up the canyon for a camp fire. Cody over estimates the S-10 being able to make it through a small stream (kind of). We end up getting stuck right in the middle of this stream, with water as deep as the bottom of the floor board in the S-10. Some nice men with 4 wheelers had to help pull us out. An important goal for us should be to get a vehicle with 4 wheel drive.
July - We took a quick trip to California, and hit Six Flags and the beach! Drive to Cali Friday, Six Flags and the beach Saturday, drive home Sunday. Lets not forget the massive fire that was blocking I-15 on the way home. We had to take a detour with about 2 million other people. Our drive home took about 15 hours, thats about 4 to many. Note to self....next vacation I am flying.
August - We bought amazing leather couches that recline. (we've decided it's the best investment we have ever bought!)
September - Cody purchased a year round fishing license for me. I am not exactly thrilled but I am sure I will be by the end of the year with as many times as I will have gone fishing. And heck, after our last outing, I would have to say that I must have the touch! As long as I am not cold I can enjoy it.
October - We celebrated our 1st anniversary!
November - By the last week of the month we had already exchanged Christmas gifts, nothing is better than Christmas in November! For me I got Guitar Hero 3 (which I have already beat on medium and am 2 songs away from beating it on hard) For Cody it was a new basketball. We are terrible at keeping secrets from each other, which is why waiting until Christmas Day just doesn't work for us.
December - The month is currently left open for a highlight since it is not over yet.

2 comments:

kenna said...

Um, I believe you missed one in July. -McKenna moves in and turns out to be the most amazing neighbor ever.

That's right.

Ash said...

i really enjoy reading your blogs. it might just be the highlight of my day.