11.01.2009

Happy Halloween



Cody and I are pretty lame when it comes to Halloween. We don't dress up, we don't pass out candy, and we don't carve pumpkins. We are pretty good at pretending like the holiday doesn't even exist. Maybe we will change that if we have kids some day. Last night we had a get together with the other Mormon's from Cody's class. So I made these cute ghost sugar cookies to share. Which I still think are so adorable. We ate pizza, played games, and watched a scary movie. The boys even found time for a little xbox (I don't think it is possible for them to get together and not play xbox). It was a lot of fun!




I also got a chance this week to frame my D-Will jersey. It was going to be pretty pricey to pay to have it framed so I figured I would try and do it myself. I looked online and read a little bit about how to do it. Then was on my way to Hobby Lobby to buy what I needed. I have no idea if I did it correctly or not. I think it turned out good considering I did it. I was having a really hard time fitting everything in the frame. The jersey was a large so I had to fold it in certain places and pin it which made it thicker in certain spots. Then there is a white mat board behind it. Then I had to get the back of the frame in. I was a little concerned about the back popping off because the prongs were hardly able to be pushed down. To be safe I finished it off by duct tapping the back mat to the actual frame in a couple spots. And no one will ever see it since it is in the back. All in all it makes a nice addition to our living room!


2 comments:

Nick & Dana said...

I LOVED those cookies! And Nick loved the dip! I didn't know you had made that too. Both great.. you should send us all the recipes!!

MaShay & Jason said...

Were these certain Mormon friends...possibly vegan too?