5.24.2008
$5,000??
College....isn't it unreal how much money the state can suck out of you all for an education?! I certainly think so. And each year it increases hundreds of dollars (or so it seems). I remember my first semester of college at Utah State University. It was the fall of 2002, and my total cost for tuition, books, etc, was $1200. What a steal!! compared to the $2600 we shelled out 3 weeks ago for Cody's summer semester. I swear they nickle and dime you up the wazoo especially for stupid student fees, I mean why the heck should I have to contribute $25 to the Gay/Lesbian club?? I wouldn't come near any club activities with a ten foot pole. Or the Nature club, you know those ridiculous, dread lock, hippie, tree lovers that haven't showered all month, and are living in a tent. I can't stand them. Anyway the purpose of the post was to say that sometimes good things happen from going to school. Yesterday when Cody got home from studying, he gets the mail as he always does. And finds a check in the mail from UVSC. Now we were expecting a $500 refund, well Cody opened it up to find a check for $5,000! This must be some cruel mistake. Nothing worse then getting a check and then having it be a mistake. Well we are too afraid to call and ask. We are currently just enjoying the fantasy that this might be real! I kept asking him what it said on it, and all it says on the check is "Refund to Student". Well that is one heck of a refund! Anyway we have no clue what it is for. But we are enjoying the thought of having it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It totally sucks that they raised tuition! I couldn't believe it when Eric told me it was $1900 now. Unreal! Book prices keep going up too! I hate it
Post a Comment