This morning I ran the 5K in Oklahoma city for Breast Cancer. There were thousands of people...literally. I ran it by myself hence the reason I don't have hardly any pictures. I was a little worried about where I would park... I get a lot of anxiety over stupid things like that. When I got into downtown and I figured I would just have to turn around and go home because parking was insane. There were a couple of places charging $5 for parking but of course I didn't have any cash on me (I never do--when I do Cody takes every dollar I have). So I kept randomly turning down streets hoping something would turn up and I got LUCKY, oh so lucky, and found this lot where lots of people were parking for free, AND it was close to the freeway entrance I needed to get on to go back home.
Lined up to start the race, you can kind of see the start line way up there
I wanted at least one picture of me, I just took this after I got home from the race.
I am extremely proud to say that I ran the 5K in 26:20!! That is 5 minutes faster than the last 5K from a year and half ago! I feel really good about that.
So yesterday before I started my normal exercise I found a 1o minute sculpting blast that was in one of my fitness magazines. (I don't normally try any kind of workout moves I see in magazines-but I was feeling spontaneous yesterday). Bad idea. Especially the day before a run. My inner thighs and bum are soooo sore today. Lesson learned for any future runs for sure.
4 comments:
I'd say your 10 minute blast got you a pretty good time this morning. Nice job on your 5k...don't worry, I just woke up! :)
That is awesome, Rachelle!! I really need to get back into the whole running and working out thing, I was so good in college... you are my inspiration(well I'll look to you more after the baby comes and I'm allowed to lose weight :)
wow, nice job! hahah believe it or not i'm sitting on our couch all day today because my legs are killing me too! i did something similar to you however it wasn't called a sculpting blast it was just five simple little exercises and it's killing me now! :S
Good job! You look great! :)
Post a Comment