Today has been a very "blah" day. I had every intention of getting up at 6:45am to get ready for church (our church starts at 8am--we don't mess around here in Oklahoma). As soon as my alarm went off I quickly shut it off and climbed right back in bed. Next thing I know it's 10:30am and I am still tucked away in the covers. On Sunday's Cody has incredible talent, he won't move a single inch until I practically jump on him and force him to get out of bed. It is actually quite amazing because on any other given day of the week (Saturday's included) he is up by 5:45am. But something about Sunday seems to break the cycle....I'm still trying to figure it out. So of course he slept in just as long as I did.
Yesterday Cody and his friends attended the Oklahoma vs Florida State game. He was in heaven. After 3 minutes of the game had gone by I received a text saying that we were buying season tickets for next year. Doubtful...if I have any sort of say (which I am not sure I do). Because of the game yesterday he didn't finish all he needed to in the lab so he had to make a trip to school this afternoon to finish some things up.
This of course left me home alone and to boot, I am feeling very weird today. To start we had a nice rain/thunderstorm this morning which set the mood for a somewhat dreary day. I wanted to take my book and curl up on the couch with a blanket and forget about everything. Then I got a sudden urge to bake. Before I knew it I was making cinnamon rolls. I have never, ever, Ever, EVER attempted to make cinnamon rolls before. I don't even necessarily like them. But I got online and surfed a few blogs that led to another blog that led me to this recipe. I am not going to lie, they turned out AMAZING. Hope you enjoy the before and after frosting picture (for dramatic effect).
Tonight I have youth choir practice at the church. I figure it will be a good way to get rid of a whole 9 x 13 pan of yummy cinnamon rolls. Cody and I certainly don't need these staring us in the face every time we walk in the kitchen. I think today has reminded me of just how much I love to cook.
1 comment:
Those cinnamon rolls look soo yummy!!! I can't believe that is your first time making them.
P.S. You look soo good.. so skinny!
Post a Comment