So Cody and I did it! We ran the over 9 mile trail at Lake Hefner this morning. We are both pretty worthless now. We have been napping on the couches for an hour, we are tired. Last night I made it to the sports store to buy a hydration belt. I know they look kind a retarded but I didn't want to carry water so I sucked it up and bought the belt. Cody forgot to bring any water so we ended up sharing what I had brought. By the time we finished we were dying of thirst. We bolted to a gas station to get some Gatorade and man that stuff has never tasted as good as it did today! We started our run at right about 7am. Cody finished a little ahead of me but I finished at 8:35am. Not bad. I loved the last 3 1/2 miles where the trail was right next to the lake, so it was such a pretty view. I love Oklahoma in the summer time. Everything is really green and that with the blue sky is so beautiful. I love doing these things with Cody. It is really fun for us to share this hobby together.
Me before the run at home
Cody before the run at the park, he didn't want his picture taken. He was being so grouchy. But I wanted to document our first time doing this. Plus I need blog material.
This was taken right after I finished
1 comment:
geesh, you guys are crazy! ha, no.. but really, that's awesome, i can't believe you did it! and that was fast too... not something i could ever do
Post a Comment