5.27.2009

1st day in Oklahoma City

We arrived in OKC this afternoon. We had a smooth/uneventful trip on the way over which was good. The picture on the right is Cody sipping his drink on the airplane. We passed the time by doing about 5 crossword puzzles, which I am getting better and better at! So far today we had 5 appointments to look at different apartments. Only 1 potentially promising one out of those. Cody and I did more important things like scout out all of our favorite restaurants! We happened to drive by a Ryan's. For those of you who don't know what that is let me tell you. When I lived in Georgia we had a Ryan's family steakhouse. It was my favorite place to eat and I ate there every birthday I can remember in GA. Cody also experienced Ryan's on his mission in West Virginia. We were both happy to see that and on the same road a Texas Roadhouse. The transition to Oklahoma seems a lot easier knowing this! Ok, ok so we care about more things than just food while we are here. But on the same note there happens to be a lot of Chinese buffets here. But all of them say "SUPER BUFFET" I am trying to figure out what the difference between a Chinese buffet and a Chinese Super buffet is. We have passed at least 8 of these here in our first day.

Cody booked all the reservations for the trip so when we got to our hotel I didn't quite know what to expect. We basically went for the cheapest thing we could find which was about $50 a night. I was surprised when we had quite a nice room! Our hotel door even says "Home Office" on the outside...so when we walked in we found we had a desk with a nice chair...apparently that is the home office part. Here is Cody showing it off. We also have free internet access, balcony, fridge, and a microwave. Compared to our NYC hotel this is plush. Our bathroom even has nice tile not that nasty elementary school stuff.

My mom let us borrow her GPS so that we could more effectively navigate ourselves around the city. So far it has worked wonders! It is nice to type in an address and have it tell you exactly where to go. For our last stop tonight we decided to drive out the temple here. It was about 16 miles away but it felt like the middle of nowhere. Right next to it was the first LDS church we saw. Quite a difference from the churchs on every corner back home. I wanted a better picture than this but there was no where to stop on the side of the road so Cody took it from the car. All in all day one was fun Cody and I are both beat and can't wait to get some sleep which is what I am going to do right now. We will keep you posted with more of our exciting adventures in OKC.

No comments: