But this weekend Cody had his heart set on camping. So Friday afternoon we headed down South to somewhere (I don't even know where we went), and camped for a night. Friday was fairly nice weather 70's when the sun was out definitely not too hot. Saturday morning was freezing! We only have 1 sleeping bag so Cody slept in it I tried to brave the night with just blankets. I was nice and toasty to go to sleep but I woke up in the middle of the night freezing. Cody got up to go to the bathroom and I stole the sleeping bag and made him use the blankets.
Cutting all the potatoes for our dutch oven dinner
Our friend Blake, was a little too small to wander so his dad used the back pack leash (I don't know what they are really called) to keep an eye on him.
Nothing Cody loves more than a heart attack cooking in a dutch oven. He insisted the potatoes get 2 packs of bacon this go round and lots and lots of cheese. Here he his cooking the bacon up.

And now he is enjoying the fruits of his labors.
Our friends John and Amy. Glad we have such awesome camping buddies to go with! It makes the car ride to and from home go by way faster than just traveling with Cody.
Thanks Amy for keeping me entertained, camping is a lot more enjoyable with you around!
1 comment:
I will concur that camping is way more enjoyable with you, too. But if that's your sneaky little way of making me feel obligated to come on every camp out from now on...nice try! Ha, jk, I'll admit it, camping is growing on me, ever so slowly mind you. :)
Post a Comment