This past week I was able to go visit my sister and her family as well as my parents on the East Coast. It was such an adventure!
This is my niece that was just born in October. She is such a doll. I almost wish I could have taken her home with me...that is until she starts crying or gets hungry
Friday we packed up and drove 3 hours to the beach. That evening my Dad couldn't resist getting in the water. This picture of my dad is hilarious! So I had to post it. Do you think his swimming shorts are high enough??? I managed to snap the picture right as the icy cold water washed on his feet!! I love my Dad.
Saturday morning we woke up to a freezing cold morning. The skies were overcast and it was really windy. My dad wanted to go on a 3 miles walk but the grandkids got tired after about 30 minutes in one direction. So we turned back.
We found this dry shrunken crab in the sand. It was tiny and could fit in the palm of your hand. My niece threw it in her seashell bag and decided it would be a great thing to take home....
There was an aquarium by the beach we were at so we headed over to go look around. They had a really neat place where you could touch hermit crabs, and pet sting rays. I found the perfect place to take a picture at as you can see.
Lunch time came and the sun decided to come out after all! We headed to the beach for a last adventure before driving back home. The temperature was only in the upper 60's with some wind, so it was perfect if you didn't get wet. I wasn't quite sure I wanted to get in the water, but I figured I didn't know the next time I would be at the ocean so I better take advantage.
My sister had some boogie boards that we could ride some waves out on. Please ignore my incredibly white legs...
It took me a solid 20 minutes to finally get my whole body wet. It was so cold!! Once I finally got used to the water temperature it wasn't too bad. This wave wasn't big enough for me so I was trying to stand my ground while letting it pass. Jumping waves in the ocean is so fun. I'm glad I didn't chicken out and not get in because it was a blast!!
My sister kept talking of all these turtles out in NC. We went for a Sunday afternoon walk at a lake. Sure enough all the turtles were out. There were tons of these guys around the lake. Some of them are pretty big too!
These are only a fraction of my pictures but it pretty well summarizes my 4 day vacation. On Monday evening when I went to the airport to go home I found out that my flight to Memphis (where I was laying over) had been delayed due to severe weather. This meant I would miss my connection to OKC. They said I could fly out the next morning at 6 and get to OKC at 9:30am but I didnt want to do that. They told me my only option for leaving that night was to try and get me to Minneapolis. From there they could get me to OKC that night. The only problem was that the Minneapolis flight was full and I would have to go stand by. ARGH. (I have had the worst luck flying through the Midwest with severe weather...it almost makes me never want to fly anywhere ever again). So I waited it out for 2 hrs. Luckily the airline got 3 people to get bumped to other flights and it made room for me to get on. I was so thankful. Especially because I was starting my new job the very next day and I really wanted to be there to do that. I finally made it home at 11:30pm instead of 9pm when my original flight would have gotten there.
1 comment:
Looks like a fabulous vacation, but then again, how can a vacation on the east coast not be fabulous? I may be biased, but whatever. How I miss back east. Glad you had fun and played in the ocean! woot woot.
Post a Comment