I can't believe the weekend is already over. I am not ready to get back on that plane and go home tonight. I am really lucky that I was able to come home this weekend. I was talking to my mom about 2 weeks ago and she felt bad that I was going to have to stay in OK for the holiday by myself. So within a couple of hours we worked it out to where I was coming home instead! So it turned out to be a very last minute trip.
I flew in on Saturday afternoon and got here about 1pm. That night my dad, Chad, and I decided to go for a little hike up to Mt Timpanogas cave. We didn't actually go through the cave we just wanted to hike up for the fun of it. The trail is only about a mile and half long but you rise up over 1000 ft in elevation. So it is a pretty intense up hill the entire way.
I am not sure hiking that was the best thing to do before running the 10K on Monday. By the time we were done hiking my calves and bum were letting me know they were a little sore. And today after doing the 10K yesterday my entire lower half of my body is feeling it. So I decided to take it easy today and give myself a little break before jumping back into the exercise routine tomorrow.
Oh how I love this face! Chad is such a stud. He is supposed to leave on his mission to Brazil next Wednesday but he is stuck waiting down to the wire to see if his Visa will come through. If it doesn't come in time he may end up going to the Provo MTC instead of the Brazil MTC. We are all anxiously awaiting to see what is going to happen with him. We have sure had a fantastic weekend together, oh how I will miss him.
This little guy Owen was born back in May and has sure filled out a lot in the past 2 months. He is nephew number 10 to me (I only have 1 niece). BUT we got the news this morning that my sister appears to be having a GIRL in November. We are really hoping that remains true as it still is a little early. We could sure use a lot more girls in our families.
Monday afternoon we went and saw my sisters new house and had lunch with her. I think Ross idolizes Uncle Chad, he refused to leave his lap while he was eating lunch. I tried to get a hug from Ross the entire time I was there but I had no such luck.
Cody and I keep waiting for the news that Oklahoma will be getting a Cafe Rio. I think we may be waiting a long time. Until then every time we are out in Utah we have to take advantage of it. I took this for Cody since he is in Alabama. I wanted to make sure he knew at least I was enjoying it, even if it was without him!
Today I enjoyed sleeping in until about 7:30am. I am completely exhausted from all the activities of my visit. It is nice to be able to recover today before having to go back to work tomorrow morning. It is also somewhat comforting to know that I only have to endure 18 more working days before I will be back in Utah for another visit (and this one will be with Cody)! So I have a lot to look forward too.
No comments:
Post a Comment