8.01.2009

My New Hobby

So I have taken up a new hobby while I have a little spare time on my hands. Crocheting. When we first moved here a month ago I bought a little crochet book with supposedly easy patterns in it. I quickly discovered that I was not skilled enough to read the patterns! So I undid about a weeks worth of work I had crocheted and decided to start over doing something I did know. So I am starting off with a baby blanket since I like the color pink I went with a pink one. I figure when I am done I will do pink tassels around the edge. I think it is going to turn out pretty cute. But I will wait til the project is finished to make that assessment. And just for the record I have no baby to go along with my blanket!

8 comments:

Nicky said...

last year during extended i taught myself to crochet. unfortunately, as i left georgia (no tears shed) i forgot how to do it. how do you like oklahoma? i hope we can meet up when we get back from the summer. are you aware that there are only 24 selling days left?!

kenna said...

Seriously, that's impressive. I have all the stuff for it but I have never, ever tried to do it.

Oh, ps, I need your address. We have a package we want to send your way. :)

Jesse and Karli Munns said...

your doing so good I'm going to start making one soon too I cant decide if I want a white one for when we bless the baby or wait until we know what it is and make a boy or girl one. It would be fun if you did have something to wrap up in that blanket when your done with it :)

felicialee said...

Way to go, Rachelle! It looks really good.....and well distributed. :) I can't wait to see the finished product. See you at work tomorrow - I can imagine you are BEAMING with excitement....ha ha ha!!

Kourtney and Nathan said...

Rachelle- I was hoping that was an announcement! I'm impressed, you're so domestic. What was it you and Ash would say- a stepford wife! haha You should make me a scarf or something!

Shawn and Mish said...

Whodathunk? Looks great. It's one of my favorite activites. Relaxing, repetitive, forgiving....

derekandkelsey said...

lol you crack me up. Don't you hate it how you always have to leave a disclaimer stating that your not pregnant!! I feel like I'm doing that a lot lately. The blanket looks great!

p.s I hate that your so talented. jk just jealous

Emily said...

Let's hope it is a girl. ;)
I am sure that your blanket project is good for those long plane trips!